The human eye plays an important role in everyone’s life in order to visualize every moment of life. It helps us to perceive the world by picturing a situation or an event and draw a conclusive fall on it. Take, for example, visualizing vibrant colors can make us feel pleasant while in the condition of darkness can introduce a feeling of fear. In case, if I lose my eyesight due to an eye condition such as color blindness, I have to find the right eye hospital near me.In the upcoming section, we are going to gain some additional knowledge about the human eye.
Information gets to know about our eyes
Eyes are considered to be one of the fascinating and complex parts of the body. There are plenty of facts to know about them and how they are working. We did not give them much thought until something goes wrong and our vision is affected. They are simply a conveyance for messages which are sent from the brain through the optic nerve. Here are some of the interesting and amazing facts about the eyes,
- Our eyes focus on 50 different objects every second
- It can distinguish approximately 10 million different colors
- It is not possible to sneeze with our eyes open
- Ommatophobia is considered to be a fear of the eyes
- Only 1/6th of your eyeball is visible
- The average person blinks 12 times a minute
- The optic nerve contains more than 1 million nerve cells
Some of the tips given by eye care centers include getting your eye checked regularly once in 6 months from an eye specialist. Do not forget to wear sunglasses while going out in day time. Regularly eat foods that are rich in nutrients and antioxidants to maintain good eye health. Clean your eyes and contact lenses properly to avoid the risk of infection.